Woman ditches 15 coffees a day to lose over 100 pounds
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Lorraine O'Loughlin used to rely on 15 cups of coffee a day.
Curbing her coffee addiction not only helped Lorraine O’Loughlin save cash, but it also trimmed her waistline.
“I was relying on coffee so badly, it was what kept me functioning
all day and I basically lived on it,” the Ireland dweller told Caters
News of her 15 cups-a-day habit.
O’Loughlin, who suffers from insomnia, would rely on her caffeine
kicks to get her through the day and would later binge on chocolate at
night. After succumbing to depression, the mother of three rarely left
her home.
“I’d always make up excuses to my kids as to why we couldn’t go out
and play, but now we’re down the park all of the time,” she said.
“Everything’s different now [that] I’ve lost the weight — I was so shy
beforehand and never even wanted to leave the house.”
Now over 100 pounds lighter, O’Loughlin has limited her coffee intake
to four cups a day and has swapped out sugar for sweeteners instead.
“I don’t miss it at all now, though,” she said. “I’m now eating
healthily and get a good night’s sleep, so my body no longer needs to
caffeine to function.”
Though 28-year-old O’Loughlin has long struggled with her weight, she
credits her family for pushing her to lose those excess pounds. Though O’Loughlin still consumes coffee, she’s limited her intake to four cups a day.
“I was running out of excuses to tell me children about why we
couldn’t go outside or ever do anything fun,” she said. “They really
helped me with the whole weight-loss journey and they’re so proud.”
After once tipping the scales at 266 pounds, O’Loughlin has slimmed
down to a healthy 154 pounds. And while her physical transformation is
undeniable, her self-esteem has vastly improved, too.
“Before losing the weight, I didn’t want anyone to see me or even
look at me,” she explained. “My confidence now is just amazing — my
whole family have noticed a massive difference in me.”
U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said he was taking the gloves off in his battle against Democrat Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House after taking a scorching from speakers at the Democratic National Convention. Trump wrapped up a five-day, seven-state campaign swing in Colorado on Friday, where for a fifth straight day his supporters chanted “lock her up” whenever he brought up Clinton’s name. Trump supporters say Clinton deserves to be prosecuted for her handling of U.S. foreign policy as President Barack Obama’s first-term secretary of state and for her use of a private email server while in that office. All week Trump has sought to tamp down the chants by stressing that his main goal is to simply beat Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election. But as the crowd chanted the slogan in Colorado Springs, Trump finally relented. “I’m starting to agree with you, frankly,” he said. “No more Mr. Nice Guy.” In Denver later, he changed ...
Donald Trump wants Hillary Clinton to release her “detailed medical records.” On Twitter, the Republican presidential candidate offered this challenge to his Democratic rival: “I think that both candidates, Crooked Hillary and myself, should release detailed medical records. I have no problem in doing so! Hillary?” The Trump campaign and its surrogates have long insinuated Clinton’s health is worse than has been publicly confirmed. Trump has said Clinton lacks the physical “stamina” to be commander in chief. But Clinton’s own doctor, Lisa Bardack, the chair of internal medicine at Mount Kisco Medical Group, has said, “She is in excellent physical condition and fit to serve as President of the United States.” Ben Carson, a former Republican presidential candidate turned Trump supporter, called Sunday for both candidates to release their medical records. “I think one of the ways to eliminate that kind of speculation is for both candidates to release their medical r...
In less than four months, a new president will take the oath and swear to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” Meanwhile, Donald Trump is Twitter fighting a former beauty queen. Among potential supporters gobsmacked by Trump’s latest screwball turn, some believe it proves he doesn’t want to win the White House. Their theory holds that the possibility of victory must terrify him, so he is intentionally making himself unelectable. As evidence, they point to his habit of self-destructing just when things look best. Then as now, Trump pushed the race to almost even before taking a detour to wage a fight that made no sense. In late July, after his stunning run to the nomination and after a solid convention, Trump had nearly tied Hillary Clinton in the polls. Then he launched a Twitter fight with the Khans, a Gold Star, Muslim family. It’s true the parents of Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in Iraq in 2004, were invited to the ...
Comments