Two years ago, Gwen Welborn was in a rough spot. The middle-age single mom had recently divorced, was dealing with her child’s cystic fibrosis and had just lost both her parents in quick succession. “I just wanted to do something good for myself,” says the 52-year-old Wantagh, LI, resident. So she decided to get breast implants. Yet despite her friends urging her to go big, Welborn decided on a more subtle enhancement. Gwen Welborn opted to get small breast implants. Photo: Tamara Beckwith “I was always small-chested, and I wanted to stay small,” says Welborn, who owns a beauty salon in Seaford, LI. “I wanted to continue to run and bike and work out. In my mind, I was looking at someone like Cameron Diaz, someone I had heard had a small implant but you would never look at her and say, ‘Oh, she had surgery.’ ” Now, Welborn is thrilled with her new boobs, which she says are a 32C but look more like a B-cup. “At first I thought they were a little big, because they get swolle...
Comments